Ladies, spring is just around the corner, and it’s time to get your wardrobe prepared. I believe every woman should have a trench coat, a good pair of jeans, comfortable wedges, and a brilliant bag as their spring essentials. Here are my styling tips for your spring wardrobe must-haves.
The trench coat
In spring, the weather is still prone to being chilly and wet so do invest in a transitional trench coat that will be practical and stylish during this unpredictable season. The trench is wonderfully versatile, going well with everything from jeans to dresses. Be creative with this coat. Its neutral nature lends itself well to layering and accessorizing
- Wear open over a t-shirt, skinny jeans, and heels for a chic weekend look.
- Cinch your trench at the waist and pair with a shirt, pencil skirt and peep-toe heels. This is a sophisticated look for work.
- The simplicity of the trench coat compliments an ultra glamorous evening outfit. Wear your trench open or draped over your shoulders for a stylish look on a night out.
The pair of jeans
Keep your legs warm in spring with a great pair of jeans that you look and feel good in. Skinny jeans are flattering and versatile. Boyfriend and flared styles are also very trendy at the moment.
- Skinny jeans in trendy colors such as cranberry and mint look awesome with ankle boots and in a long sleeved top.
- Roll up the hems on your Boyfriend jeans and team with a tee, leather jacket, and pumps. This is a really comfortable and chic outfit, perfect for traveling or shopping.
- Wear your flared jeans with a plaid shirt tied at the waist. Add a pair of stacked heels and sunnies, and you are good to go.
The comfortable wedges
It’s time to ditch those Wellington boots and dust of your super stylish wedges. They go well with every spring outfit from denim to dresses.
- Wear your wedges with a floaty floral dress or skirt and long chunky cardigan.
- Tuck up the hems of your skinny jeans and so you can show off your wedges. Add a graphic tee and leather jacket on top. If you are wearing your wedges with flared jeans, ensure the hem covers most of the wedge in order to create a flawless silhouette.
- Get a great pair of wedged boots and team with a little black dress and fitted jacket for a professional look.
This spring is all about cross-body bags and vibrant arm candy. Invest in a good quality bag that suits your personality and that you can match with lots of your outfits during the spring.
- Small leather cross-body bags go really well with a floral printed dress and chambray shirt or denim vest.
- Add a pop of color to a monochrome work outfit with a vibrant colored purse in red, yellow, orange or blue.
- With brightly colored bags, don’t be afraid to clash with other colors. A lime green top, leather trousers and bag in azure would look fab.